Friday, July 31, 2009

"2 Truths and a Lie" July poll results

So, I told you 5 things about me in my poll this month. 4 were true, but 1 was a lie. You were charged with deciding which was the lie. Your choices?
  • One of my summer jobs was stuffing junk mail, and 1 summer wasn't enough: I did it for 2 summers in a row.
  • If I was offered a job making candles tomorrow, I would take it, and I would be excited about it.
  • Though marketing research has turned out to be my career field, I actually graduated with a B.A. in Advertising.
  • It has always been a secret dream of mine to live and work on a farm.
  • At one time, it was my ultimate goal to become a meteorologist for The Weather Channel.
  • I have been a telemarketer and a vacuum salesperson. I didn't sell anything in either line of work.
Many of you were incorrect! Hahaha, I've fooled you!
  • 2 of you thought that the lie was"If I was offered a job making candles tomorrow, I would take it, and I would be excited about it." Untrue, my friends! I actually applied to a candle-making position that I saw on Craigs List. (I believe part of my cover letter went something like this: "I would love to bring my skills, my desire to learn more about candle making, my work ethic, and my positive attitude to your company and to this position.") Didn't even get a response, though. Sad. I really would have been excited about candle making! In case you want to go back and check, there weren't any clues in past blog posts about this one. I couldn't make it THAT easy, now could I?
  • Another 2 of you thought it was "It has always been a secret dream of mine to live and work on a farm." Ennnnnnnht! I've always thought living on a farm would be cool, working with my hands in the outdoors with nature and animals and what not a tangible, rewarding experience. No clues about this one in past posts either, but you could have used the standardized test taking technique where you rule certain things out based on how similar they are. Ex. Candle making = working with my hands, a more hands-on job. Working on a farm = also a hands-on position. You know I love animals (at the very least, I love dogs - here are all the posts about my little doofuses), so you could have reasoned that the secret desire to work a farm gig wasn't a lie. By its similarity, you might have been able to rule out the candle-maker gig as a lie also. But did you? No. That's ok, though, I mean, don't feel bad or anything. This won't count on your permanent record, and it's not like the bar exam or anything. You're still walking out of here with what you came in with...I mean, unless you put money on it. Then I can't help you.
  • 1 of you said that "I have been a telemarketer and a vacuum salesperson. I didn't sell anything in either line of work." was the lie. Not the case, and I even have a post to back this one up. Here is my vacuum salesperson story. What you didn't get from that post was that I was a telemarketer earlier that same summer. I was sort of fundraising for this Police Athletic League event, and had to call local businesses to ask for their donation. None of them donated anything. Not a cent! Thinking I would be better at selling tangibles, I moved to the vacuum business. In neither position did I sell anything, though.
More than half of you (6/11), though, guessed correctly (ok, ok, or you knew the answer): Though marketing research has turned out to be my career field, I actually graduated with a B.A. in Advertising.
Nope! Got my B.A. in Psychology. Woo!

Thanks for voting-- Don't forget to vote in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment