Thursday, May 21, 2009

45 playlists and counting

I would like to add to the list of things that have thrived (don't you feel like grammatically, it should be "thriven" or something?) in this economic downfall. Yes, besides Repo men, foreclosure firms, Walmart, and frozen dinners.

So what is it? My music library in iTunes.

Yesterday, I got musically organized. I sat at my computer with headphones on and sorted all of my music. (Actually, that's only partially true: Only the right ear bud was in my ear. Yes, I held it into my ear and jammed like I was bustin out music at a dance club. The left ear bud? It just dangled off the side of my desk, leaving my left ear free to hear my phone ring if any employers called. They didn't.) The result of my organization spree: 45 playlists, all geared towards different days, times, moods, genres, and occasions. I'm not sure if this is because my love of music finally tapped into my desperate need for organization OR because I was a DJ in a former life. It really could be either, but it's probably both.

I have playlists for driving with my windows down ("Roll Down the Windows"), washing the dishes ("Washing the dishes"), karaoke songs I will one day sing at the karaoke bar down the street ("Sing: Karaoke"), music to sing in my car ("Sing"), dance music for that pants-off dance-off I plan on having at some point ("Party: Dance"), more general party music ("Party: General"), music for a fancy dinner ("Dinner: Fancy") or for an everyday dinner ("Dinner: Everyday"), music I would like to have played at our wedding (there's 5 playlists for that, including one for ceremony music, cocktail hour, dinner music, reception dance music, and special songs), music that is always good no matter what mood I'm in ("Always a good decision"-- like Sam Adams), music for different types of dances (i.e. tango, swing, salsa, foxtrot), a playlist for my audio books (Learn Italian!!!), 4 different playlists for Christmas music, work out music ("Woo haa!"), music by genre (reggae, jazz, classical...), music to make and eat enchiladas by ("Enchilada")...and the lists go on.

Are you feeling fat and sassy? I have a playlist for that. You want to throw yourself a Pity Party and cry about something? There's a playlist for that too. You want to dress up like John Philip Sousa, pretend you're in a parade and march down the street? (Need I even say it?) There is a playlist for that!

The only playlist that I feel I am missing? The "Between Jobs" playlist. What songs should I put on my jobless playlist? Any suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. Well, the first obvious title is "Out Of Work" by Gary U.S. Bonds, written by his good friend Bruce Springsteen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how about Allentown by Bill Joel? Or Computer took my job by Maurice John Vaughn - great blues tune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    We have just added your latest post "Between Jobs: The Blog: 45 playlists and counting" to our Directory of Foreclosure . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory and get a huge base of visitors to your website.


    Warm Regards

    Foreclosu-re.info Team

    http://www.foreclosu-re.info

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    We have just added your latest post "Between Jobs: The Blog: 45 playlists and counting" to our Directory of Foreclosure . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory and get a huge base of visitors to your website.


    Warm Regards

    Foreclosu-re.info Team

    http://www.foreclosu-re.info

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Foreclosu-re.info Team! And thanks for your suggestions -- I'll get on that playlist ASAP!

    ReplyDelete