Friday, December 19, 2008

You should move out here

I forgot lunch today and I am starving. There is no where to eat around here! The building doesn't have a cafeteria, and you have to drive at least 15 miles away to get to a row of three Chinese restaurants; none of which deliver and all of which say your food will be ready in 10-15 minutes. But is it? Is it ever? No, it's more like 20-30 minutes, and I don't have that kind of time! I could make my own General Tso's in that amount of time!

I guess I'll just go get something from that table the dessert-making bakery type place puts out in the hallway. Their raspberry nut pastry looked pretty good...

20 minutes and a sugar high later...
In other news, I don't believe I have mentioned yet that there are only 6 people that work for this company. Including me. One of them is my boss's wife, who performs HR duties on an as-needed basis and never comes in. They always tell me I should move out here because it's so much better than living in a city. It was charming the first few times they said it, but now it's really getting on my nerves. Though I guess if I lived out here, I would be able to go home and get some lunch like they do, since they all live no more than 5 miles away. But then, I would have to live out here. That's enough of a con for me. There's no way I'm living out here with that limping bozo turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment