Monday, December 22, 2008

Freezing in Flutopia

The holiday season is here! Soon, we will get our 3 days off and I will not be in this office! I will not be doing stupid assignments (my boss asked me to "play with" a file today...I don't know what that means...)! I won't be driving for a total of 3 hours a day, trying to take pictures of turkeys! I won't freeze my ass off every time I walk down the hallway to our floor's shared bathroom! (Seriously, you can see your breath).

And, and, I won't be listening to these damned flutes!
Oh I didn't tell you? There's a flute & piccolo factory right above my office. They make a flute and then tune it. Monday is piccolo day, and I hear them tuning right now. I'm fairly certain my eyes are bleeding... You can't make this shit up. I especially love when I go to the bathroom down the hall and I can still hear the flutes. I feel like I'm in a home for the mentally unstable as I rock back and forth, trying to stay warm, ignore the flutes, and pee.

Ah, but in this holiday season, I guess I should be grateful for what I do have. This is still a job, after all, and I do still bring home bacon and what not. The unemployment rates are rising, but I have managed to stay employed. So I guess that's a good thing.

Also, instead of flutes, it could be bagpipes. And that would be much, much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment