Friday, July 3, 2009

Foggy Friday

I woke up a little late today - 11:30 to be exact. I haven't done that since...well, last week, but before that, I hadn't done that since summers off from college. At first I thought, maybe it's raining AGAIN today and it was just a good day to sleep. I put my glasses on and looked out the window: Sun. Then I became very confused because today was my day to walk the dogs. They usually get up at 8ish - had I gotten up at 8ish and walked them? I didn't really remember that. I closed my eyes and listened for 8 paws shuffling around, and that was what I heard. I MUST have gotten up at 8ish, then, because Emma was out of her crate. Unless I forgot to lock her crate last night. I went over last night in my head and remembered locking her crate.

"Huh," I said. "Did you take the dogs out this morning?" I asked Jess from bed.
"No, you did," she said from the kitchen.
Huh, I said to myself. And then I reached for my glasses on the nightstand. I was bewildered when I saw that they weren't there -- and then amazed that I could see everything clearly! Oh, my glasses are already on my face.

And then I knew -- today was going to be a foggy Friday.

This became even clearer to me when my throat and nasal passages all together shouted "WE HATE ALLERGY SEASON!" and revolted. It's one thing to be sick in winter or when the weather is crappy in the summer. But when it's our first sunny day this summer (besides Pride) and tomorrow is the 4th of July, I mean that's just not fair.

Maybe I should have stayed in bed. I feel a case of the Debbie Downers coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment