Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Giving up/Silver lining

You know how sometimes you just give up? You're faced with a crappy situation that really isn't going to change any time soon, and you just sort of settle into it? I think that's what is happening to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm still looking for jobs. But it's just hard to keep looking when the only jobs I find that are not sales or clinical research are positions like "Teach Microsoft Office in Korea." That gets discouraging.

Plus, this is February: The month containing not only Valentine's Day, but also Jess's birthday! I'm glad I have a steady income, because I wouldn't be able to celebrate these 2 days adequately if I were unemployed. (And "adequately" means not only getting a massage for Jess, but also getting one for myself. Happy birthday, baby.)

So maybe I am giving up that I won't find something any time soon, but I am also trying to find every silver lining about this situation that I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment